TDC Specialty Underwriters (TDCSU) serves as the Excess & Surplus (E&S) lines specialist within TDC Group focused on expanding product offerings to the rapidly evolving healthcare industry. TDCSU’s experienced, recognized experts design E&S-driven liability solutions for a variety of healthcare organizations and professionals including hospitals, physicians, physician groups, medical and long-term care facilities, managed care organizations, and life sciences organizations. Conducting business in a straightforward, honest, and thorough manner, TDCSU is a company committed to ease of doing business and service innovation. TDCSU distributes its products through approved wholesale and selected retail brokers. As part of TDC Group, TDCSU’s affiliated writing companies, TDC Specialty Insurance Company and TDC National Assurance Company, are rated “A” by A.M. Best Company and Fitch Ratings.
- Approved access for wholesale brokers and specialized national retail brokers.
- Geographically broad E&S capabilities.
- Responsive, thorough underwriting staff.
- Commitment to clear and timely technical communications.
Learn more about TDCSU in our News Archive.
TDC Group: A Strong, Proactive Insurance Partner
TDC Group is the preeminent organization for service to healthcare as the nation’s largest physician-owned provider of insurance, risk management, and healthcare practice improvement solutions. Serving the full continuum of care from individual physicians to academic medical systems, TDC Group helps healthcare professionals overcome the complexities of today’s practice environment.
- Annual revenue of $1 billion and over $6.2 billion in assets
- Serves over 100,000 healthcare professionals and organizations
TDCSU: Technical and Practical, Responsive and Reliable
Leveraging our longstanding trading relationships with specialized brokers, we focus on primary placements for middle market risks and excess placements on larger accounts in targeted markets. We are driven by our core values:
- Sensible and informed assumption of risk
- Empowered and creative frontline expertise
- Passion for technical excellence
- Exceptional service experience
- Honesty, integrity, and respect in all that we do
Options to Manage Client Risk
- Single or dual tower structures with separately aggregated limits
- Prior acts and unlimited extended reporting period options
- Defense costs in or outside the indemnity limit for certain coverages
Flexible, Custom Coverage Options
- Limits ranging up to $15 million depending on the business segment
- First dollar coverage and a full range of deductible and retention options
- Coverage offered on direct insurance and reinsurance basis, and on 100 percent or quota share basis
Products available for all healthcare risks including long term care facilities:
- Professional Liability
- General Liability
- Employee Benefit Liability
- Products Liability
- Managed Care E&O
- Management Liability
Unmatched Claims Support
Our experienced claims staff sets us apart with not only their commitment to rigorous claim file handling, but constant and ongoing attention to the rapidly changing healthcare environment. We provide:
- Enhanced support for those experiencing a claim to keep them focused on delivering quality care
- A national panel of experts and the industry’s top defense attorneys
- Individual attention and knowledge of the local legal environment