The Doctors Company, the nation’s largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer, established TDC Specialty Underwriters (TDCSU) as a subsidiary to serve as its Excess & Surplus (E&S) lines specialist focused on expanding product offerings to the rapidly evolving healthcare industry. TDCSU’s experienced, recognized experts design E&S-driven liability solutions for a variety of healthcare organizations and professionals, including physician groups, medical and long term care facilities, managed care organizations, E&S physicians, life sciences, and cyber exposures. TDCSU distributes its products through approved wholesale and selected retail brokers, conducting business in a straightforward, honest, and thorough manner – a company committed to ease of doing business and service innovation.
- Approved access for wholesale brokers and specialized national retail brokers.
- Geographically broad E&S capabilities.
- Responsive, thorough underwriting staff.
- Commitment to clear and timely technical communications.
The Doctors Company: A Strong, Proactive Insurance Partner
For more than 40 years, The Doctors Company has provided healthcare risk innovation and expertise managing risk for the nation’s leading healthcare systems, hospitals, and managed care organizations. The nation’s most prestigious medical organizations recognize the company’s dedication to excellence and endorse or sponsor The Doctors Company as their chosen medical liability insurer.
- The Doctors Company insures 82,000 physicians in all 50 states
- The company has more than $4.5 billion in assets
- Rated A by A.M. Best Company and Fitch Ratings
TDCSU: Technical and Practical, Responsive and Reliable
Leveraging our longstanding trading relationships with specialized brokers, we focus on primary placements for middle market risks and excess placements on larger accounts in targeted markets. We are driven by our core values:
- Sensible and informed assumption of risk
- Empowered and creative frontline expertise
- Passion for technical excellence
- Exceptional service experience
- Honesty, integrity, and respect in all that we do
Options to Manage Client Risk
- Single or dual tower structures with separately aggregated limits
- Prior acts and unlimited extended reporting period options
- Defense costs in or outside the indemnity limit for certain coverages
Flexible, Custom Coverage Options
- Limits ranging up to $15 million depending on the business segment
- First dollar coverage and a full range of deductible and retention options
- Coverage offered on direct insurance and reinsurance basis, and on 100 percent or quota share basis
Expert, E&S-Driven Liability Solutions
- Medical facilities
- Long term care facilities
- Managed care organizations
- E&S Physicians
- Life sciences
- Cyber Insurance
- Management Liability
Unmatched Claims Support
Our experienced claims staff sets us apart with not only their commitment to rigorous claim file handling, but constant and ongoing attention to the rapidly changing healthcare environment. We provide:
- Enhanced support for those experiencing a claim to keep them focused on delivering quality care
- A national panel of experts and the industry’s top defense attorneys
- Individual attention and knowledge of the local legal environment